So many new things. I really wish that I could slow this train down, but the changes just keep on coming!!
In the past few months we've experienced the following:
- Cameron is now in his big boy bed. The change couldn't have been less eventful. For us, this was shocking but we are ecstatic that he loves his been and is still a great sleeper. He's even a decent napper most of the time - who would have thought?
- Cameron's fully potty trained - day and night. Once it clicked, Cameron was DONE. We are thankful. A huge savings in diapers, and a lot less stuff to haul around when we travel.
- Cameron's been reading for the past few months. He started with sight words and now has moved on to sounding words out. He loves the Starfall website and has read most of the "Bob" books in the first set on his own. He is a huge fan of Pop Fox from the Hooked on Phonics series. Letters are clearly his thing.
- Cameron's very interested in the calendar and days of the week. He knows all of the days, but still sometimes struggles with their order. The concept of "Tomorrow" is clearly something that he's still working on.
- Cam is starting to take an interest in drawing. When he's not working on letters or shapes, he's asking for help to draw things like houses, cookies, and fruit.
- Cameron changed to a new classroom at school in early September. He has adapted remarkably well and loves school. He'll often ask to go on Saturdays. He's starting to talk more about his friends and the things that he's done during the day without prompting.
One of the things that's helped facilitate all the changes is the removal of artificial dyes from Cameron's diet. They make him totally a crazy man. The difference in his level of ability to focus and concentrate is totally staggering. Many props to my friend Carol and Sister-in-law Debra for suggesting this very simple and rewarding change.
For me personally, I've been working part time doing some auditing work. It's taken up most of my spare time, but it's fun and I like having a bit of extra pocket money. It takes up my days when Cameron's at school. In the off days we're off doing playdates or out having fun together. Cameron is a lot of fun to be around these days. The things that he says never cease to amaze me. I really wish I could bottle up all of the wonder and sweetness that is my little boy these days.
So, that's my quick update of what's been happening here. Lots and lots of good, happy times this summer. :)